Top 5 Tips to Improve Local Search Visibility
- Local search is when a user searches for local businesses, services, products, or information in a particular locality using a search engine such as Google or Bing. Look no further than a local search pack, made up of Google My Business (GMB) profiles that showcase well-known local businesses in a searcher’s immediate vicinity.
- If Google is able to authenticate your business, Google can potentially reward your business with the highly sought-after space on the sidebar in Google Local Search. Once you verify your business and claim a Google My Business listing, you will have an online profile Google immediately recognizes as authentic, providing a credibility foundation likely to increase the visibility of the profile across Google’s local search results. If you would like to make sure that your store is easy to find every time someone searches for your business in Google search and on Google Maps, consider optimizing for a Google My Business account.
- Optimizing a local site’s listing of your business helps boost your authority with search engines, and certainly does not hurt your rankings for local-relevant keywords. Optimizing for local search helps to get your business listed on these results pages, ensuring you are there in front of your customers when it is convenient for them. Local SEO can help make you more visible, help you get new customers, and drive foot traffic into your business without having to worry about competing with larger businesses. Local SEO will increase your visibility online in order to attract customers to your brick-and-mortar business. By following best practices for local SEO, businesses can increase organic traffic from searches performed by customers in the surrounding areas. With local SEO, businesses can leverage signals like local content to position their products and services to the local prospects and customers searching for them.
- Inbound links will help with SEO, and they will improve the chances that you are seen on Google when people in your geographic area are searching for things related to your business. Filling in listings like citations and niche directories significantly boosts your SEO, creating a face for your business on top of each and every local search result. Google will prioritize certain searches automatically so that local results appear first, or customers might be searching for businesses that are located locally. Online business directories such as Binge Places For Business, Yelp, Yellow Pages, Angie’s List, and Trip Advisor will help to put you in front of people looking for your services locally.
- Not only will you be able to optimize the visibility of your store locally, but you can also build a better experience for your customers. We discussed external solutions to local SEO, such as Google My Business, review websites, and online business directories. It is also important to note that there are SEO tools that are focused on local search, which can help you to design local-focused SEO audits, from developing keyword studies focused on your local audience, building citations, managing Google My Business listings, company profiles, and Google posts, to even monitoring the placement of your ads in the local packs. Local SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of improving the search engine visibility for local businesses, mostly those that have physical locations.
How to Create Google My Business Page
First, do a Google search of your business name and see if it is already listed in Google. Type in your business name into the search bar, then select the proper listing in the drop-down menu. Go to Google Maps and see if your business is listed there with a simple search. If your business location does not show up on Google Maps, click the triple-bar located on the left side of your search bar, and choose Add Missing Place.
Locating your business on Google Maps is another way you can claim a listing and begin publishing your content. For businesses with hundreds or thousands of locations, Google has created a slightly different process to claim listings. Once you follow the easy steps to claim your business on Google, you can take things one step further by optimizing your listings so they appear in local searches. By using Google My Business to publish updates, list products, and accept online orders, you increase your chances of having your content appear on that first page of results.
Once you have your business account and a business page, encourage your customers to leave reviews on Google. Once you verify your account, Google will prompt you to add more content and information about your business. A quick search of the name of your business on the search company will bring up the option to either confirm your profile or fix issues on a profile that is already claimed. By claiming your profile, you will be able to confirm and edit all the information about your business that appears on Google.
How to Use Local Structured Data
Depending on what content management system you are using, adding structured data for Googles search engines is pretty straightforward for local businesses. By adding structured data to your website, you are helping search engines figure out what your business is all about and how well it is doing. Many websites are using structured data to help with content presentation, including Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Bing, Google, and many others.
SEO professionals agree that structured data improve the click-through rate of your site, which is essential for seeing your company grow, whether it is the online or real world. Schema is a kind of coded vocabulary used in structured data, which defines relationships, actions, and elements of a web page to help search engine crawlers understand the meaning behind the elements and topics on a site. General schema markup helps with data structure, so search engines can distinguish different types of content and activities.
At its core, the schema is the basis of data markup, which allows search engines to understand structured, location-based information such as addresses, dates of events, telephone numbers, and other information in more detail. The Local Business Type Schema is a type of structured data markup code you can add to your company’s website to better inform search engines about what types of business niche identities best match your company. The Local Business schema is a general type of structured data markup code that may be added to your business site to help make it easier for search engines to categorize what kind of entity you are and what kind of work you do. By adding local schema markup to your site, you can tell search engines exactly what your business name is, its images, its location, telephone number, hours of operation, and so on.
Adding Local Business Schema markup to your site can qualify you for richer results, and those results can help you stand out in the search, and drive higher click-through rates, higher organic traffic, and higher conversions. One thing you can do to showcase your local business well in search results is Schema.org data to generate richer snippets. Google supports a doc that details what is required for Local Business markup to qualify for rich results in the SERP. Structured data markup for Local Businesses informs Google of the additional information that should appear within those results.
Adding required structured data markup helps to make sure Google can verify that local business data is accurate. This markup is unrelated to your Google My Business listing and is instead used to help your site show up for more local search queries in the search results. Site navigation markup also helps improve the way your site is understood by search engines, as well as boost navigation. In local SEO, schema markup produces data for the SERPs showing data specific to certain businesses, which are displayed as entities throughout the SERP.
Making sure to insert correct schema structured markup data will ensure your clients, who are local businesses, get favorable results and stand out from others on Google searches. While you might have found this page looking for examples of structured data from Google for your local business, the majority of the local business websites that I optimize have a lot of different types of web pages.
How to Build high-quality Backlinks
Another easy way to get high-quality backlinks is by linking to authoritative sites within your industry, then telling them about them. Once you get access to the backlink profiles of your competitors, you can go through the websites that they are linking to and check them out, looking for those that are authoritative and of high quality, then you can also take backlinks from those. Replicating a competitor’s backlinks is one of the most intelligent ways of finding new opportunities for building links and improving SEO. While the right backlinks can boost Google rankings, revenues, and branding, the wrong ones could land your website a penalty.
You can create backlinks using smart techniques, and not by spamming other sites. By following the tips below, you can build more high-quality links to content, many of them as DoFollow backlinks, which will help it rank better for the targeted keywords. Backlinks will help people discover and visit your site when they are searching for keywords related to what you are offering or content on your site. A high-quality backlink conveys trust in the value of your content, and signals to search engines that your pages provide valuable information and should rank appropriately in search results.
SEO Agency in Wahington DC
NextVee Enterprises is the best SEO Agency in Washington dc, Our SEO marketing specialists provide services that will significantly improve a site’s natural search rankings while also thoroughly optimizing it to appear on the first page for extremely competitive keywords. As a digital marketing agency with an SEO focus, we put our time and energy into boosting our customers’ online exposure and conversion rates. Additionally, we make use of SEO technologies like Google Analytics and Search Console to determine the SEO standing of your website.