What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is using emails to promote products or services, and develop relationships with prospects or customers. Email marketing is a form of digital marketing which uses emails to send marketing messages to a defined list of customers or subscribers. Email marketing is when you send a business-related email message to your email subscribers – contacts that subscribed to your email list and gave explicit permission to receive email communications from you.
When comparing email marketing strategies with other types of marketing, emailing is one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to market your company’s products or services. It can help reinforce your communications efforts, attract customers, and back your sales efforts.
Email marketing can also play a key role in your marketing strategy, generating leads, building brand awareness, building relationships, or keeping customers engaged in-between purchases with various types of marketing emails.
How To Build An Email List
The most important aspect of e-mail marketing is compiling a list of prospects who might be interested in what you’re selling. The simplest way to build an email list is to include an opt-in form on your website.
Here are a type of lead magnets you could create:
- Report or Study
- Webinar or Course
The first step in building a large email list is making it ridiculously easy for people to sign up. You can even combine pop-up forms and Facebook ads to begin growing an email list in just a few easy steps.
You can also send traffic to your site and use your email sign-up form as a conversion. Including a link to the landing page that allows people to sign up for emails in all of your employee’s email signatures is an easy, fast way to help grow your email list.
You can include a CTA button on your business page on Facebook to entice your followers to sign up for your email list. You can add a sign-up for email CTA on your social media pages to make it easier for interested customers to sign up for your emails.
If you are uncomfortable offering your email newsletters over social media, or you do not have a big following on any of your accounts, you could also include a link in your email signature–this link can lead straight to your email newsletter, or it could be a link to a blog post or landing page that has an email subscription CTA.
If you are running a blog, here are 7 high-converting places to add an email sign-up form for building your list. If you would like to offer people a manual option for signing up, but do not have an easy spot for a print sign-up form, consider using other printable methods for getting customers to join your list.
Your blog provides an excellent way to establish personal relationships with customers and prospects – and collect their email addresses.
You are communicating daily with a different set of people through email, and when they receive value in your one-on-one emails, they may be willing to take a chance on clicking through to learn more about your company. If you are planning on building a list organically, you may want to look for additional helpful features in your chosen email marketing platform.
Creating a Landing Page That Converts
It is time to create a landing page after you have created a free offering that will entice your target audience. A landing page informs your audience about your free offer and why they should take advantage of it.
A good landing page has the following features:
- A strong headline – The images you use on your landing page are equally important. If you are selling a product, high-quality images of the product are the most obvious strategy. Images of smiling faces or eyes looking in the direction of the download button also work.
- Call to Action – Your call to action needs to be direct, brief, and easy to understand. While the phrase “Download for Free” can be effective, try to be a little more original in order to stand out from the competition.
- Right color scheme – The color scheme on your landing page should be easy to read. To draw users’ attention to important areas of your landing page, use contrasting colors. For example, to make your download button stand out from the rest of the page, use contrasting colors and a large font.
- A simple form – Don’t make the subscription form too complicated. Limit the number of required fields to three, including your name and email address.
Email Marketing Benefit
- Email marketing is a simple and inexpensive way to reach your target audience for a small business.
- One of the key benefits of email marketing is that your content can be heavily customized for the needs of your audience. With email marketing, you can personalize your campaigns and build targeted content.
- With email marketing, your company can build deeper relationships with a wider audience for a fraction of the price compared to traditional media. Email marketing is one of the most powerful communications channels for growing businesses, especially when you are looking to reach out to large audiences.
- Email marketing helps small businesses to reach new customers and increase revenue with a minimal budget.
- Email marketing helps larger businesses grow leads and reach customers on a larger scale. Successful marketing campaigns can convert leads to customers, increase recognition of your brand, and drive more website traffic. Over time, your email marketing and content marketing strategies can work together to boost site SEO and bring you closer to your target audience.